As soon as we saw news of AMC doing a subscription, Kelly (my partner-in-crime) and I were convinced to sign up. Here are the things I like, and don’t like about it.
- Three movies a week is amazing. We love movies, but don’t usually see more than three a week. That being said, since we’ve had the subscription, we’ve hit that limit a few times already.
- The buying experience is really simple and easy.
- Canceling a reservation is simple and easy.
- No restrictions on watching movies on opening night, which we love to do.
- Feels like we’re just another moviegoer except we don’t pay at the end.
- $19.95/month feels expensive, but when you think about it, you wouldn’t even get two movies at $10/ticket. With AMC A-List, you get 12 movies a month.
- You collect rewards points for your concession purchases and the price of the subscription. That’s awesome.
- No family account. I don’t necessarily want a discount, just a way to connect accounts as part of the same family.
- This means I can’t buy our tickets together. Instead we both need to reserve separately and make sure we have seats together.
If you want more info, I recommend reading through the FAQ’s.
As you can see, the pros far outweigh the cons. If you live near an AMC theater, and you love going to the movies, this subscription is for you.