Happy Wednesday peeps! New comic book day is upon us, and as packed as last week was, it’s pretty light this week. Here’s what I read last week, and what I’m picking up this week.
What I picked up last week
- West Coast Avengers #1 - This was such a fun read! I didn’t know any of these characters, but as always, it doesn’t matter when a story is written so well. Kelly Thompson did such a great job. The cast of characters is great, the story was full of humor and witty sarcasm, and the artwork was spectacular.
- Amazing Spider-man #4 - This is probably my least favorite issue of the run so far. It wasn’t bad, just not much happened. The meat is at the end when the stakes are raised.
- Mr. and Mrs. X #2 - Kelly Thompson killed it again with a great issue! Pretty cool action in this one, and the Deadpool dialogue was fantastic.
- X-men Red #7 - Enjoyed this issue. Tom Taylor always writes great dialogue between the team. I really loved the ending with the two page spread.
- Teen Titans #21 - Dropping this title. After two issues, I’m not really feeling the characters or the story. At the moment, it’s lacking well written humor.
Favorite of the week: West Coast Avengers #1
Picking up this week
- X-23 #3 - Laura and Gabby are in great hands with Mariko Tamaki. She’s understands these characters and is writing them very well so far.
- Batgirl #26 - New creative team on this book, so I’m going to give it a try.